Weirdness in Encapsulated Postscript (Windows version)?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg2043] Weirdness in Encapsulated Postscript (Windows version)?
  • From: bracken at kevily.ECE.CMU.EDU (J Eric Bracken)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 01:42:35 -0400

Under Windows, I exported a graphics plot to an EPS file.  I find
that there is a lot of binary crud at the beginning and the end of
the file, and regular old Postscript in between.  (Yes, this is
in addition to the ^D characters that Windows loves to put in
Postscript files for some reason.)

Has anyone else had this problem?

Why is the binary stuff appearing?  Can I prevent it from being
added?

--Eric Bracken

   / / ______// / ____  // / // / ______/ Visiting Lecturer, Dept. of ECE
  / / /__\   / / /__\/ // / // / /        Carnegie Mellon University
 / / ____/  / / ___  _// / // / /___      Pittsburgh, PA 15213
/ / /____\ / / / \/ / / / // / /____\     (412) 268-8944 FAX (412) 268-3204
\/_______/ \/_/  \/_/ \/_/ \/_______/     eric.bracken at ece.cmu.edu

 http://www.ece.cmu.edu/afs/ece/usr/bracken/.home-page.html