Re: supplying an arbitrary number of lists to functions (summary)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3844] Re: supplying an arbitrary number of lists to functions (summary)
  • From: Dirk Kautz <kautz at tyto.bio2.rwth-aachen.de>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 00:32:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for the quick help from the group, I got a simple solution to my
problem of providing MultipleListPlot with an arbitrary number of lists
to plot:

When data is a list of lists like:

data = {{1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9}}

then one cannot use MultipleListPlot[data], but one has to use the following:

MultipleListPlot[Apply[Sequence, data]]

or, to simplify notation:

MultipleListPlot[Sequence @@ data]

The solution summarized here has the advantage of being simple and also
makes it possible to supply other arguments like PlotJoined->True to
MultipleListPlot in the normal way.

Thanks again to everybody who wrote,

Dirk

  \__/   Dirk Kautz   (kautz at tyto.bio2.rwth-aachen.de)	 ph: +49(0)241-80-4863
   ##    Kopernikusstr. 16,                       pgp key available on request
___\/__  D-52074 Aachen, Germany         http://www.bio2.rwth-aachen.de/~kautz
   ""

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====