Re: Power Mac printing bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3735] Re: Power Mac printing bug
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 02:59:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4ki9ua$9dm at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Selwyn Hollis
<selwyn_hollis at mailgate.Armstrong.EDU> wrote:

> This may be an old question, as I am new to this newsgroup, but does
> anyone know anything about the bug which causes the front end
> window to go blank on a Power Macintosh when printing? The window
> scaling at the bottom scroll bar changes to "Other."  Restoring the
> window scaling to 100% brings back the text (commands), but no
> graphics can be seen without saving, closing and then reopening the
> notebook.
> Thanks.

This is a known problem in the first native version of Mathematica
for the Power Macintosh. What is actually happening is that the
magnification for the notebook in question is being set to a very
large number (about 2300 if memory serves).

This problem has been fixed in the current shipping version of
Mathematica for the Macintosh. If you contact Wolfram Research
Technical Support (support at wolfram.com) directly including full
details of your copy of Mathematica they will send you the
fixed version as a bug fix upgrade.

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier