Please help on RAS, Loopback Adapter, and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3741] Please help on RAS, Loopback Adapter, and Mathematica
  • From: scniu at utdallas.edu (Shun-Chen Niu)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 03:00:59 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

   I am running Win NT 3.51 with RAS installed.  Mathematica
   requires the installation of the MS Loopback Adapter.  My internet
   service provider assigns an IP address dynamically.  How should I
   configure the Loopback Adapter?  The problem I have is that
   when I add the Loopback Adapter, NT won't let me complete setup
   without supplying an explicit IP address.  Since the Loopback
   Adapter is a "dummy" software adapter and I don't have a dedicated
   IP address, I don't know how to get NT setup the adapter correctly.
   Please help.

Shun-Chen Niu

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====