Constrained Min, non-linear
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4505] Constrained Min, non-linear
- From: "Stefan Wolfrum" <wolfrum at cs.uni-bonn.de>
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:22:34 -0400
- Organization: Intelligent Image, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I'm not yet quite familiar with all Mathematica features (who is?) and I'm looking for a solution of a rather simple problem. I can easily solve it by hand but I wanna know how to do this with Mathematica. Here it is: Where is f(x,y)=x^2+y^2 minimal, if x and y are constrained to abs(x+y)=1 ? Is it possible to solve this without programming? Please answer via email, thanks in advance, Stefan. ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====