Integer Partitioning

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4694] Integer Partitioning
  • From: "Kenneth J. Mascola" <76504.2375 at CompuServe.COM>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:23:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Any references relating to the following memo would be greatly
appreciated.
I am also investigating ( as mentioned in the last section of my
mathematical model involving the partitioning of integers ( #
Partitions would range from 1 to 400,000 and
values of the integers in the sets would range from 1 to 1
million ) into p(n) distinct summands.  I am attempting
trying to store MANY distinct integers inside 1 or very few
integer values.
eg. using small numbers

Integer Value		Distinct partitions(excluding 0)
5				1 + 4	&       2 + 3
6				1 + 5	&	2 + 4
+ 4
25				1 + 24 	&	3 + 4 + 7 + 11
etc.....

Please e-mail any responses to 76504.2375 at Compuserve.com

Regards

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====