Re: How to read a Bitmap file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4731] Re: How to read a Bitmap file?
  • From: peter at su.se (unk)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 03:57:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4vqiq7$qrn at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, cdi at contr.skku.ac.kr says...

>Dear
>
>OpenRead["1.bmp"]
>FileByteCount["1.bmp"]
>Out:=41089
>ReadList["1.bmp",Byte]
>Length[%]
>Out:=474
>?????????
>The problem is that I cannot read all Bytes.

I have had the same problem, the MS-Windows version of MaMa (version before
2.2.3) terminates the
reading when a binary 26 is found (it thinks 26 is an end of file). I don't
know if there is a way to work around this. I have made an upgrade to ver
2.2.3 and together with FastBinaryFiles from mathsource WRI I can read
bin files.
/Peter W
e-mail peter at physto.se

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====