spinodal not spinoidal

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4710] spinodal not spinoidal
  • From: gaylord at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (richard j. gaylord)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 03:57:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Rick Klopp has pointed out that spinodal is misspelt as spinoidal in my
posting of the back cover of my new cellular automata book.

he's right and unfortunately, the name is misspelt in the book as well.

i typed the word spinoidal the way i've pronounced it since i first
studied thermodynamics at the polytechnic institute of brooklyn

[i guess that spending the last 20+ years in the cornfields of illinois
hasn't diminished my new york accent]

but note that even though the name is incorrect, the spinodal program is
correct.

thanks for pointing it out, Rick. we'll correct it for the second printing
of the book.

-richard-

--
"if you're not programming functionally, then you're programming dysfunctionally"

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====