FrameTick position

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4723] FrameTick position
  • From: Dirk Kautz <kautz at tyto.bio2.rwth-aachen.de>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 03:57:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here is another problem trying to produce publication-ready figures with
Mathematica (maybe this will be solved in version 3.0?):

If one sets the negative length of FrameTicks on the y-axis to 0.02 (or
longer), the ticklabels will be to close to the ticks. This doesn't look
good. The only way to fix that I found was to edit the postscript file
(find the ticklabels, replace the x offset of 0.02 (!) by eg 0.04 for
each
of them and maybe also shift the FrameLabel).

There must be another way to achieve this - maybe I overlooked some
variable?

Please answer by mail, I'll summarize to the group.

Thanks in advance,
			Dirk
  \__/   Dirk Kautz (kautz at tyto.bio2.rwth-aachen.de)  ph:
+49(0)241-80-4863
+49(0)241-8888133
   ##    Kopernikusstr. 16,                    pgp key available on
request
___\/__  D-52074 Aachen, Germany
http://www.bio2.rwth-aachen.de/~kautz
   ""