Re: bar charts with error bars?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4503] Re: bar charts with error bars?
  • From: mharm at gizmo.usc.edu (Mike Harm)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:22:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi.  This is a followup to my previous question (quoted below)

The idea provided by David of combining BarChart with
ErrorListPlot works fine for a single row of bars (thanks David!)
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do
for grouped bar charts, such as what you get with

BarChart[{1,2,2,3},{2,3,3.5,4},
      BarLabels->{"Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday"}]

It's not clear how to use ErrorListPlot here, since there
are multiple bars for each x value.

Any further suggestions would be very welcome.

thanks,

In article <4shut5$g7n at ralph.vnet.net>, mharm at gizmo.usc.edu (Mike Harm) wrote:

> I'm using the Graphics package to do some bar charts.
> I've figured out how to do it, but how does one add
> error bars to the bars, to indicate statistical standard
> error?  Any insights?

Mike Harm
mharm at gizmo.usc.edu
Cognitive Science Lab
Univ. of Southern California
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~mwharm/

   "There's a fine line between participation and mockery"

                                        - Scott Adams, "Dilbert"

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====