CDE and 'pinnable' windows...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4543] CDE and 'pinnable' windows...
  • From: "Donald Wycoff (ext 3143)" <dwycoff at alldata.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 04:17:49 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I recently moved from openlook to CDE.  One problem I'm having with my openlook
apps is that CDE doesn't appear to offer an ability to 'pin' a window.  Big
problem for me, since the application in question requires me to 'pin' a window
to maintain it's query.

Sooo.  Is there a way to provide this kind of control to myself, short of
rewriting all the old applications, running to a openlook box, or the like?
I really want to run the apps on my new machine, but I _need_ those pins!

-dj

|       Donald Wycoff      | [voice]  (916)-684-5200 ext. 3143  |
| Senior Software Engineer | [ fax ]  (916)-684-5225            |
|    ALLDATA Corporation   | [i-net]  dwycoff at alldata.com       |

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====