Postfix (//) with Options?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4579] Postfix (//) with Options?
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 05:15:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How can I use a postfix operation which has optional parameters and specify
the parameters in the postfix?  For example, how can I write   N[expr,k]
as   expr // N  plus something to express a nondefault value for k ?

I particularly want to implement  Flatten[expr,1]  in postfix
form, because it seems more readable to have the expression (which may be
lengthy) come first, then the Flatten as an afterthought (reduces the
depth of brackets by one also).

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====