Windows fonts (v2.2.2 & 2.2.3)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4583] Windows fonts (v2.2.2 & 2.2.3)
  • From: John Tanner <john at janacek.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 05:15:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a consistently reproducible fault on both v2.2.2 and v2.2.3 under
Windows 3.1, where (some of) both Input and Output cells are displayed
with a proportional font (I think Times New Roman?) instead of Courier.
The sequence of events is typically as follows:
 1)  open 1 old notebook
 2) open a second notebook
It looks as if a few cells become corrupted in the second notebook.
These can be displayed correctly by selecting "Input" or "Output" from
the panel at top left of the main window for each cell individually.
 3) If the 1st notebook is closed now, the corruption remains in the
second.

If the 2nd  notebook is opened in isolation, no problem.

This might be a problem of transfer between v2.2.2 and v2.2.3 (running
on different machines, 16 Mb & 32Mb RAM), but it does seem to be
consistent on both versions that a second notebook always looks
corrupted.  I don't think the file contents are affected, only display.
Alternatively, the notebook files may simply be too large [for
Windows?].

Other corruptions, like cells spilling over into the next cell, also
look like font problems - this usually affects the first file of the 2.

I have not seen this problem described before, any help would be
welcome.
--
I hate this 'orrible computer :  from -  John Tanner
I really ought to sell it     :  home -  john at janacek.demon.co.uk
It never does what I want     :  $$$$ -  100344.3241 at compuserve.com
but only what I tell it.      :  work -  john.tanner at gecm.com

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====