Memory & repeated call of Module[...]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5590] Memory & repeated call of Module[...]
  • From: buttgereit at t-online.de (Peter Buttgereit)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 01:59:02 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,
I am working on Confidence Intervals for parameters obtained with "nonlinear
methods".
One thing I am investigating is resampling: I estimate model parameters from my
data, bootstrap my initial residuals and combine them with my initial
"prediction" to a new, "resampled" dataset to be re-evaluated for new parameters

Problem:
Repeated use of NonlinearFit takes a lot of memory - too much.

  How can I make NonlinearFit "forget" the old calculations?

As far as I have understood the disussions in "The book" and those by Todd
Gayley in the CleanSlate Package I have to clear lokal variables in NonlinearFit
which are created in its Modules - how can I do that?

Suggestions appreciated,
greetings from Germany,
Peter