Re: Graphs from Mathematica to Word.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5602] Re: Graphs from Mathematica to Word.
  • From: hongjiew at vt.edu (Hongjie Wang)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 01:59:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <59al0t$k5s at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, c928411 at student.dtu.dk
says...

>Hi there.
>Is it possible to make a *good* (3D) graph-copy from Mathematica,
>and paste it into Word? When the 'normal' copy/paste-functions are
>used, the picture becomes rather coarse. The alternative is that the
>picture could be printed from within Mathematica, and this gives some
>very fine results, but if you want to include tha graphs in a project,
>you would normally mix text and graphics. Any suggestions?
>
>Yours sincerely
>
>Bettina

In my experience, the best way to include a graph in a document is
to store the graph in the postscript format. That way, you will
have higt quality graph.
It is possible to import a "eps" graph from Word. It is also possible
to export an "eps" graph from Mathematica.

Hongjie Wang
Graduate Student
Department of Industrial and System Engineering
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.