Re: Weibull Distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5613] Re: [mg5598] Weibull Distribution
  • From: Mario Sancho Graca <M.S.Graca at Warwick.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 23:43:42 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Brian Rigling wrote:
>0
> To whom it may concern,
>0
> I am trying to work with Weibull distribution.  Specifically, I would l=
ike to create random numbers under a Weibull distribution and fit a curve=
 or data with a Weibull distribution.
>0
> If anyone could give me insight on how to accomplish this on Mathematic=
a 2.x, or even better Mathematica 3.0, it would be much appreciated.

> Thank you,
> Brian Rigling

Try the standard package Statistics`ContinuousDistributions` which
contains the WeibullDistribution. To create random numbers under any
distribution consult: Knuth d 1981 'The Art of Computer Programming'
Vols I & II, Addison-Wesley 2nd edition and Niedereiter H 1992 'Random
Number Generation and Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods', SIAM, Philadelphia,
PA. It should be possible to construct the fit using the Mathematica
functions 'Fit' and/or 'Interpolation' (see Wolfram 1996 The Mathematica
Book, section 3.8).

Regards,

--
M=E1rio Sancho Gra=E7a