Re EPS files produced by Mathematica 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5452] Re EPS files produced by Mathematica 3.0
  • From: gass at physics.uc.edu (Richard Gass)
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 00:26:28 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Tom Kacvinsky wrote

>I am using Mathematica 3.0 for the Power Macintosh.

>When I use the edit menu feature "Save selection as..."
>and select EPS, I get an EPS file that previews just fine in
>Mathematica, but will not print properly when embedded (using
>epsf.def and \epsfbox{}...}) in a Textures  document.  The graphics
>do not show up at all.  They won't preview in Illustator or
>Transverter Pro, either.

>Any clues on how to fix this?

>Also, has anyone had problems with v3.0 crashing a lot?
>It seems as if everytime I use v3.0, my machine crashes.
>Stdlogs form Macsbug seem to indicate these crashes are memory
>related errors.

I am having exactly the same problem with esp files and I do not know how
to fix it either.

As far a stability goes Mathematica 3.0 is very stable on my machine (a Mac
8500) except when I try to use Save as TeX. This produces frequent Type 11
errors.  In normal operation 3.0 does not crash at all on my machine and
seems more stable than 2.2 was. I have lots of physical RAM so I have set
the memory partitions much larger than the default values. If you have
enough RAM you might try this. I am also running the latest version of the
Mac OS with the power PC interrupt patch installed.