Re: Re psrender type 11 error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5412] Re: Re psrender type 11 error
  • From: Scott Brew <sbrew>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 00:25:38 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Richard Gass wrote:

> In [mg5333] psrender type 11 error Larry Riddle wrote
>
> >I just received my Mma 3.0 upgrade for Macintosh. Installed it on my
> >PowerMac 7500/100 (system 7.5.5) and created a very short document with
> >one calculation and one integration, using the palette for the integral
> >sign for the input. I then tried to save this to an HTML file using the
> >Save Special As menu choice. This started a program called psrender, but
> >psrender then crashed with a type 11 error.
> >I did a custom install and did not install any of the MathLink files.
> >Could this be a factor? When I have some spare time to experiment I will
>
> Larry,
> I also got the same error on my PowerMac on the same sort of file.  I have
> the MathLink files installed so I do not thing that is the problem. This
> seems to happen on all Mac's. It crashed both my Mac 7100 and my 8500. I
> crashed the one in the Mathematica 3.0 tour trailer as well. Changing the
> memory partition for ps render does not help. I have reported this bug to
> tech support but have not received an answer. I do not have a work around
> at the moment.

We are aware that an incorrect version of psrender was on the recent 3.0
release.
A new version of psrender is available at
http://www.wolfram.com/support/FrontEnds/System/Mac.psrender.html

Customers who have difficulties downloading from this web page should
contact Customer Service (info at wolfram.com) to arrange receipt of the
corrected version by other means.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Scott Brew
Wolfram Research