Re: Books - tutorials / reference guides

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3268] Re: Books - tutorials / reference guides
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 02:17:28 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4g6je9$94i at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Andrew Murray
<AMurray at ngmint.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there anywhere I can get information on tutorials / reference guides
> for Mathematica, or are there any books anyone would recommend?
>
> I would especially like any that give tutorials, as teh manual is a
> little heavy for me.
>
> --
> Andrew Murray

There are over 100 books published about Mathematica.

One of my personal favourites is "Mathematica: A Practical
Approach" by Nancy Blachman. But there are several that
are worth looking at.

For a detailed description take a look at

    <http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/books/index2.html>

Here is a list of all the tutorial/reference books from that
listing that are available in English.

Wolfram Research: Selected Tutorial Notes

Martha L. Abell and James P. Braselton: Mathematica by Example, Revised
Edition

Nancy Blachman: Mathematica: A Practical Approach

Nancy Blachman: Mathematica: Quick Reference, Version 2

Werner Burkhardt: First Steps in Mathematica

Wade Ellis, Jr. and Ed Lodi: A Tutorial Introduction to Mathematica

Theodore W. Gray and Jerry Glynn: The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica
 Version 2

Stephen Kaufmann: Mathematica as a Tool

William T. Shaw and Jason Tigg: Applied Mathematica: Getting Started,
Getting It Done

Alan Shuchat and Fred Shultz: The Joy of Mathematica: A Point-and-Click
Way to Use and Learn Mathematica

Stan Wagon: Mathematica in Action

I hope this helps.

--Ian