Re: What is Mathmatica

  • Subject: [mg3222] Re: [mg3193] What is Mathmatica
  • From: me at talmanl.mscd.edu (Lou Talman)
  • Date: 19 Feb 1996 06:31:43 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com

Thomas Bates wrote:

>  if I used the program to learn calculus would I have

> learned the subject just as well as if I learned it the old
> fashion way?

That depends upon how you used Mathematica and on what you
mean by "the old fashion way".  If you used a text such as
the (electronic text) _Calculus & Mathematica_,
by Davis, Porta, & Uhl (Addison-Wesley), you might even learn
calculus *better* than if you learned it in a variety of
old-fashioned ways.

--Lou Talman