Re: Mathematica Plots -> Editing using Canvas or Illustrator ?

  • Subject: [mg2917] Re: Mathematica Plots -> Editing using Canvas or Illustrator ?
  • From: nils.kajrup at mailbox.swipnet.se (Nils Kajrup)
  • Date: 11 Jan 1996 09:46:28 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

PA wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have a complicated plot generated in mathematica that
> I would like to edit (add text and other graphics) to using
> a graphics program like Canvas or Adobe Illustrator on the mac.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this? How do I save the plot?
> How do I open it using the illustration program.
> A mathematica book that I have says that this is possible,
> but it doesn't say how!
>
> Any help would be *really* appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Anoop
>
> anoop at cco.caltech.edu

This is possible, yes.
Copy the plot you want to edit, using copy in the edit menu. In the
edit menu you should find a command called "Convert clipboard" or
something like that. A dialog will appear, where you can choose
format of the copied item. You can in that dialog choose to convert
the plot to an Illustrator format, which can be edited in
Illustrator. A convenient thing is that you can save the copied item
in a file instead of on the clipboard. Now you can open the file
through Illustrator. This is it.
I hope you find this helpful.

-- Nisse

Nils Kajrup