Unix Kernel with Windows frontend?

  • Subject: [mg2921] Unix Kernel with Windows frontend?
  • From: Dieter.Baurecht at univie.ac.at (Dieter Baurecht)
  • Date: 11 Jan 1996 09:46:04 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

Is it possible to use an UNIX (SGI) Kernel of mathematica from a PC where
the windows frontend 2.2.3 is running?

How can I setup the win-frontend to connect to the Unix-Kernel.
I have PC/TCP installed. I can also use X-Windows to run the frontend
on the SGI.

The amount of data, which are stored on my PC, are some times too much for the
Win-Version (16MB + 32MB VM) of Mathematica. In that cases I want to use my windows
notebooks (with ReadList commands on the PC) with the SGI Kernel.

--
Dieter Baurecht (mailto:Dieter.Baurecht at univie.ac.at)