Re: Mathematica vs ?
- Subject: [mg2868] Re: [mg2860] Mathematica vs ?
- From: drjoansa at rain.org (Joan Saniuk)
- Date: 2 Jan 1996 05:13:27 -0600
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: daemon at wri.com
On Sat, 30 Dec 1995, Doug Wellington wrote: > ... why should I buy Mathematica over > any of the other packages, such as MathCad, Matlab or Maple? > What are their individual strengths? The only think I've > heard is that MathCad is super easy, Maple supports symbolic > math, and that Matlab is powerful and portable... Where > does Mathematica fit into this? >... mathematica supports symbolic math. having used both maple and mathematica, i prefer mathematica as having a more straightforward user interface. I used mathematica for both symbolic and computational matrix algebra problems when I was a working engineer, and have access to maple at the junior college where I now teach math. i am finding maple harder to learn. hope you find this helpful! ****** Joan M. Saniuk // Ventura, CA ******