RE: help: Write data to file into many columns

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4476] RE: help: Write data to file into many columns
  • From: manley at ENH.NIST.GOV
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 02:37:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In a previous article, bp at ee.edinburgh.ac.uk (Bumroong Puangkird ) wrote:
->I am trying to write my data into a file by using Mathematica. I need to
->write my data into two or three column formats. However, I could not do
->it so. Any help is appreciated.

Since you only have 3 columns of data, you should be able to get away
with this.  Put your data into a matrix, say m.  then give either of
the commands

OutputForm[MatrixForm[m]] >> file

or

OutputForm[TableForm[m]] >> file

This won't work if the output is too wide.

-----
Martin Manley
"It just takes reading a few messages about "how do I hook up a garden hose to
a faucet" and responses involving masking tape to realize that not everyone
posting messages to newsgroups is prepared to write a scholarly article about
the subject being addressed."      ---lukner at che.utexas.edu (Ralf B. Lukner)

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====