Re: Print[ ], Print[ ], Show[ ], Show[ ] ???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4452] Re: [mg4377] Print[ ], Print[ ], Show[ ], Show[ ] ???
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 02:37:11 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> I have a display routine
>
>    myDisplayRoutine = Hold[
>       Print[---];
>       Show[----];
>       Print[---];
>       Show[----];];
>
> where each Print statement is supposed to put in a header
> or title for the subsequent graphics.  But when I execute
>
>    variables = stuff; ReleaseHold[myDisplayRoutine];
>
> the output comes out as
>
>    First print stuff
>    Second print stuff
>
>    First graphics stuff
>
>    Second graphics stuff
>
> Any way to force what I want?

There should be an option in one of the preferences dialog box (it might
be called Action Preferences, or some slight permutation of that, depending
upon your version of Mathematica) which allows you to force all print
statements into separate cells.  Make sure this option is checked and
Mathematica should do what you want.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com