Problem with X windows Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4340] Problem with X windows Notebooks
  • From: AMS at npl.npl.washington.edu (John F. Amsbaugh)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:59:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To any who can help;

Clicking the SaveAs menu button in the X windows notebook frontend
did not apparently do anything. After several clicks (separated by long waits)
on the button the cursor changed to a black dot with white horzontal bar.
The front end was hung then hung up and non-responsive.

Also new sub-windows (ex. help...), browers, etc. are not displayed. I suspect that
these subprocess forks are not being sent to the correct display 'channel'.

Mathematica Version HP9000 Series 700 2.2 is the version running on node
mist.our.local.net (an HP 700 running HPUX 9.x).

I telnet to mist.our local.net,
logon and use the c shell,
set the enviroment variable DISPLAY to happy.our.local.net:0.0,
and then invoke Mathematica.

Any help will be appreciated,

John Amsbaugh
ams at npl.washington.edu