Re: Numerical Differentiation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4303] Re: Numerical Differentiation
- From: Robert Knapp <rknapp>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 00:47:09 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mark James wrote: > > Does anyone know of a function that calculates the derivative of > a function (that can't be differentiated symbolically) at a given > point by numerical means? I can't find it as a built-in or in the > standard packages. Thanks. The function ND in the package NumericalMath`NLimit does this. I mention in passing that numerical derivatives will be computed automatically in the next release of Mathematica. -- Rob Knapp Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wri.com/~rknapp ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====