Re: PDF dist question.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4212] Re: PDF dist question.
  • From: txp at pi.net (JanHolland)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 03:25:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

George Melikian <melikian at ups.edu> wrote:

>Hello All,
>Does anyone know how to generate a gaussian distribution on mathematica
>such that the mean is 0 (and no points lie at x<0)? I am having great
>difficulty. When I use the "NormalDistribution" function, I merely get a
>dist. such that the CDF=.5 at x=0!!!

>Thanks in advance...your help is very much appreciated.

>George Melikian

I've seen this question before (from you ?) and I dont understand it:

If the mean should be 0 and no points below zero, then all points/numbers
are zero isn't it ? I wonder if we talk about the same thing. What is your
def of CDF ?

txp at pop.pi.net
Make 4 win-win combinations with:
I: yourself (discipline and play)
Y: the Other person: SO, friend, boss, helper, ....
U: Us:society,family,state,... (tax paying, political interest)
S: Super System (transcendency: G.., Nature, Life,Environment, ....
   (The actualisation from the tendency to follow)
Have a "story" about this to present to your children and yourself.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====