Thanks. (re:help! to input data...)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4261] Thanks. (re:help! to input data...)
  • From: tcdoe+ at pitt.edu (todd c. doehring)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 03:09:40 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

thanks to everyone who helped me out with this problem!

my current best (well, simplest) solution is this:

data=ReadList["c:\Temp\Micro.amp", Number, RecordLists->False,
RecordSeparators->{",","\n"}];
dattab=Transpose[Partition[data,15]];

this way i don't have to muck with the input file.
this reads all the data in as one giant block, treating the new line
as a simple separator. then the transpose/partition part justs divides
the data back into the original line by line format.
i've been told that i don't neet the RecordLists parameter.

thanks again,
todd

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====