Re: Re: The Mathematica Journal-Supplements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4175] Re: [mg4112] Re: The Mathematica Journal-Supplements
  • From: jpk at apex.mpe.FTA-Berlin.de (Jens-Peer Kuska)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:52:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I think it is in the interest of every author of
the Mathematica Journal that his software is distributed.
More over if anyone in say two years make a reference to
the article (and software) the reader must be able to obtain the
software. A lot of public librarys only have the journal
and *not* the software supplyments. I think the authors of
the software can still

- send the software to MathSource
- offer the software on their private web/ftp site

and they should do so.

I think no body can make a serious reference (in its own work)
to an article in The Mathematica Journal as long as the
software is not public available. The consequence is that
I can not use the publications in my scientific work.

Regards
Jens

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====