Re: Mathematica and Windows 95 in Windows-Network

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3477] Re: Mathematica and Windows 95 in Windows-Network
  • From: carolafb at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at (Carola Friederike Berger)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 22:38:14 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Andreas Groehn (agroehn at email.uni-kiel.de) wrote:
: Hello all,
:
: I am just installing a new Windows 95 PC in a Microsoft-Network
: environment. Mathematica is installed on the server of this network. I
: established a link to the kernel, the cells block but that's it. I am
: able to work with the kernel only, but frontend and kernel together
: don't do the job.
:
:
: Your help is very much appreciated,
:
: Andreas
I had the same problem, and thank's to some advices in this group I solved
the problem.
You should replace the file MLLCL16.MLL with a new version which you can
download from Wolfram Research, MathSource (http://www.wri.com/ or
ftp.wri.com) with additional documentation how to install the file
correctly. Then the kernel should be able to communicate with the frontend
correctly.

:
:
: