How can I get graphics arrays scaled correctly?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3550] How can I get graphics arrays scaled correctly?
  • From: hinsenk at ERE.UMontreal.CA (Konrad HINSEN)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 01:11:28 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to create a 3x3 array of ListPlots, with tick marks and labels
only on the left and bottom. The obvious solution is to leave out the
tick marks on the remaining plots, but the result looks horrible.

It seems that Mathematica scales each element of a GraphicArray such
that their bounding boxes agree. I don't want the bounding boxes
(which include labels) to agree, but the frames containing the
ListPlots. In spite of several hours of experimentation I
couldn't find a solution. Can this be done?

Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: hinsenk at ere.umontreal.ca
Departement de chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-Ville     | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====