Question : How to force ( Exp[I x]/2+Exp[-I x]/2=cos(x) ) ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3402] Question : How to force ( Exp[I x]/2+Exp[-I x]/2=cos(x) ) ?
- From: yjtsai at leland.Stanford.EDU (Yeou-Jyh Tsai)
- Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 02:34:33 -0500
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I use Mathematica's MatrixExp to generate the symbolic form of a matrix's exponential. It gives me lots of I x -I x -I x I x E E I E IE --- + ------ and -------- - ----- 2 2 2 2 which should be converted to Cos[x] and Sin[x], respectively. Does anyone know how to do this ? Thanks a lot! Yeou-Jyh Tsai tsai at relgyro.stanford.edu ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====