output_to_input

  • Subject: [mg3380] output_to_input
  • From: FARNOOD at paprican.ca ("FARNOOD, Ramin")
  • Date: 3 Mar 1996 11:48:04 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com

I am using Mathematica 2.2.3 on windows 3.1.
I am trying to copy an output cell into an input
cell. The output is something like this:

           2
2 + 3 x - x

The problem is the power 2 of the last term.
When I copy the output cell and paste it into an
input cell, the power 2 appears in front of the
rest of the terms! Surprisingly, if I change the
format of the output cell into an input cell
using the pull down menu:
        ( Format->Cell->Input )
only its font is changed into bold! Is it supposed
to be like this? How can I fix this without manually
editing the cell.

PS: I have a few years of experience with
Mathematica on NeXT, and I have been doing
these quite often without a problem. Why
different versions of Mathematica on
different machines do not behave the same?
Ramin R. Farnood, Dr.
Pulp and Paper Research Institute of Canada
570 St. John's Boulevard
Pointe Claire, Quebec
H9R 3J9
Canada