Re: mathematica in C

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3969] Re: mathematica in C
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 01:47:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4meodj$jva at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Yves.Quete at univ-rennes1.fr
(quete) wrote:

>         Dear all,
>
>         I trie to use statisticals functions in a program written in C.
> I saw in the user manual of mathematica that it is possible, but till now
> I do not succeed.
>         If you know other libraries for the same purpose, please tell me
> where to find it and how to use it.
>
> Thanks advance.

You can call the Mathematica kernel from within your C
program via MathLink, Mathematica's inter-application
communication protocol.

For further information about this I would recommend that
you look at the MathLink Reference Guide, which should have
been included with your copy of Mathematica. I would also
recommend Todd Gayley's MathLink Tutorial, which is
available on MathSource, Wolfram Research's electronic
library of Mathematica materials. It is item number
0206-693.

MathSource is accessible by email (mathsource at wolfram.com),
by anonymous ftp/gopher (mathsource.wolfram.com) and by
World Wide Web (http://www.wolfram.com/MathSource.html).

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier