Re: Numerical Evaluation of Sqrt[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4079] Re: Numerical Evaluation of Sqrt[]
  • From: "Dennis S. Lindell" <lindell at arl.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:35:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ron,  Thanks for your reply.  The root of my problem was control
characters inadvertently inserted on my notebook page.  While I eventually
figured this out on my own, after a long frustrating day, I did receive
excellent help from Wolfram support.  Shortly after I'd corrected my
notebook, Wolfram answered my plea for help with detailed description of
the problem and the best methods for detecting those "invisible" control
characters.

Bottom Line: Take advantage of this resource, support at wolfram.com,
Wolfram is doing it right.

Dennis