Re: mathematica 3.0 comments?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5130] Re: [mg5123] mathematica 3.0 comments?
  • From: jpk at apex.mpe.FTA-Berlin.de (Jens-Peer Kuska)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:32:48 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I had the beta Version of 3.0 & the final version arrives me last
week.

It is really good.

Since WRI ,,redesigned the Windows Frontend for
Windows''. There are some bugs in the Frontend. Especially
Exporting other formats has some bugs.
The old Import/Export via Windows filters are dropped and I missed
that feature.

Importing old notebooks works fine, allmost of my old packages
are working.
The kernel works well, it is really fast, mutch faster than 2.x.
The typesetting now is nice, and works fine.
The new Intergate-options and the conditions on Integrate results
are verry good.
A lot of thinks that I have missed before are now included.
All my MathLink programms had worked with out any problem,
after I recompile it.
The recommendet 16MByte RAM are a bit to small, since the Frontend &
the kernel have ca 28 MByte. I have 28Mbyte RAM and my Windows-Swap
file is allways arround 18--20 MByte.

The old Windows help is replaced by a help browser. I missed my
Windows help a bit, because the searching in the help-browser is not
so powerfull.

Hope that helps
Jens