Deceptive Mma Advertising!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5148] Deceptive Mma Advertising!
  • From: David Epstein <de11 at columbia.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:33:20 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm more than a little bit shocked, but Mma 3.0 for the Macintosh isn't
available yet. Even worse, if you go to the Wolfram web site, you can
"order" the software, complete with having them take your credit card
number and adding extra for overnight delivery, without their *ever*
telling you that the product doesn't exist yet! Then you wait for
delivery and end up puzzled when it doesn't arrive the next day.

As far as I'm concerned, this is terrible business practice, and the
folks at Wolfram owe us all a large apology.

|  Prof. David Epstein                |
|  Department of Political Science    |
|  Columbia University                |
|  New York NY 10027                  |