Mathematica Memory Usage

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4914] Mathematica Memory Usage
  • From: kruman at Radix.Net (Saint Standard of the Deviations)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 00:17:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I'm running Mathematica 2.2.1 under Windows95 on a P6-200 PC and have a
question about memory usage under Windows95.  I have a program which I
run which causes an "out of memory, shutting down the kernel" error part
way through.  I've played with the kernel available memory option to no
avail.  What is interesting is that this same program runs with no
problem whatsoever on a machine running Mathematica 2.2.1 under Windows
for Workgroups.  My guess is that 2.2.1 doesn't know how to take
advantage of Win95's memory management setup, but I don't know what, if
anything, to do about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Kel Utendorf