Re: Re: graphic export in mma 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6534] Re: [mg6478] Re: [mg6463] graphic export in mma 3.0
  • From: murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg)
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 23:01:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

seanross at worldnet.att.net wrote:

: I have been very dissappointed with any of the front end file conversion
: routines.  However, the kernel command Display seems to convert
: correctly.

No, it does not under Windows 95, at least:  If you want a TIFF
preview in the .eps file, the docs say to use the third argument
"EPSTIFF".  But trying that produces an error message saying this
format is not recognized and you should use one of the formats:
EPS, ..., TIFF, EPSTIFF, ....

Nothing as frustrating as getting an error message telling you that
what you just did was wrong, and to correct it you should do the same
thing!

Wolfram Tech Support hasn't responded to my report of that bug yet.

  Murray Eisenberg                       Internet:  murray at math.umass.edu
  Mathematics & Statistics Dept.            Voice:  413-545-2859 (W)
  University of Massachusetts                       413-549-1020 (H)
  Amherst, MA 01003                           Fax:  413-545-1801