Re: Suggestions on graphics references?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6727] Re: [mg6666] Suggestions on graphics references?
  • From: jpk at max.mpae.gwdg.de
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 02:16:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi David,

At first, the book of Tom Wickham-Jones is really excelent. Since he
is one of the developers of Mathematica 3.0 he had first access to Mma 3.0
and You found numerours statements in his book
"this will not work with Mathematica 2.2 or earlyer ...".

So his book covers Mathemetica 3.0 -- as long as You are only interested in
graphics.

The graphics has not changed so dramaticaly. You can check it with You
Help Browser

Build-in Functions | New in Version 3.0 | Graphics and Sound

As long as You are making graphics (not typesetting,
not typsetting in graphs) there are probably no changes. You can
read both books and benefit.

Hope that helps
Jens