Re: subscripts in v3

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6761] Re: subscripts in v3
  • From: "Ivan G. Burch II" <ivanb at hula.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 02:14:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I personnel think that it is about time that this program does textbook
interface. As a student it is very fusrating to look at a formula then
try to impose it onto MMA then try to redo the answer in a form that the
teacher will understand.

I use MMA to recheck my math to insure that I am doing the stuff
correctly. I would very much like that they start designing interfaces
that would allow that type of interface to provide the user with answers
that will explain to a point what was done with the eqaution so that I
or others can understand better what has to be done to formula and how
to use formulas to breakdown the math problem.

I like using MMA 2.2.2 and 3.0 for the student. However I think that
there should be better desgin interface than at present.
Simple things like graph tracing and such should also be included. MMA
3.0 did take a large step when they permitted the tex type formulation.
By the way it looks and feels a great deal better than the last version!
The user manual needs some work though. They should have the information
in PDF file format instead of the present interface.note that the help
file is great and nothing comes close.   I hate draging around a four
inch users manual when it should be all on the disc in a format than
allows the user to pick the meathod that they wish to view the
information in.

They are other areas that I would also like to ask that they improve on
but there are not that many(really).

Sincerely,

Ivan G. Burch II aka enforcer
at email addres: