Re: Mma language

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6795] Re: Mma language
  • From: daiyanh at mindspring.com (Daitaro Hagihara)
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 01:50:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Xah,

Just comments.  Both Mma and Lisp follow the concept of unified data and
function as described by Church/Turing.  The former taking the functional
approach, and the latter the data approach.  Clearly there are some areas
that Mma handles but Lisp can't, and vice versa.  I wish I could have not
just the best of both worlds, but instead a superset of both.  And I'm not
naively asking for it.  BTW, your Mma site is super!

Daitaro Hagihara