Re: Including Functions and Variables from another Notebook
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6812] Re: [mg6786] Including Functions and Variables from another Notebook
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 02:01:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Rick A. Sprague wrote: > > Hello, > > Can someone tell me how to include functions and variables from another > notebook? I have written a notebook that contains functions that detemine > pure component thermodynamic properties given certain parameters, ie: heat > capacity, vapor pressure, etc. Now I want to use those functions and apply > them to a new notebook that models vapor liquid equilibrium. I want to use > these functions with out cutting and pasting cells into my new notebook. > > Thanks, > > Rick Sprague A mathematica session does not differentiate between what notebook has what code. If you load in notebook 1 and run it, then load in notebook 2, you have access to everything that was in notebook 1. Alternately, you can figure out how to convert the stuff in notebook 1 into a package and load it that way.