Re: Including Functions and Variables from another Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6812] Re: [mg6786] Including Functions and Variables from another Notebook
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 02:01:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Rick A. Sprague wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone tell me how to include functions and variables from another
> notebook?  I have written a notebook that contains functions that detemine
> pure component thermodynamic properties given certain parameters, ie: heat
> capacity, vapor pressure, etc.  Now I want to use those functions and apply
> them to a new notebook that models vapor liquid equilibrium.  I want to use
> these functions with out cutting and pasting cells into my new notebook.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Sprague

A mathematica session does not differentiate between what notebook has
what code.  If you load in notebook 1 and run it, then load in notebook
2, you have access to everything that was in notebook 1.  Alternately,
you can figure out how to convert the stuff in notebook 1 into a package
and load it that way.