Bug in Coefficient function?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6831] Bug in Coefficient function?
- From: WOLKOWISKY JAY H <wolkowis at euclid.colorado.edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 02:33:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is the following behavior for the Coefficient function a bug in Ver3.0? It worked fine in Ver2.2. In:= Coefficient[2*t^(2 + s) + 3*t^s, t^s] Out= 3 + 2*t^2 This is incorrect, it should be 3. In:= Coefficient[2*t^(2 + s) + 3*t^s, t^(2+s)] Out= 2 This is correct. Any help on this would be appreciated! Thanks, Jay H. Wolkowisky