Re: Several plots with same colour in same square?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6917] Re: [mg6854] Several plots with same colour in same square?
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:00:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bertil Jonell wrote:

>   Hi!
>
>   I'm trying to plot several plots which I have in the form of
> lists (both as lists of y values, and as lists of {x,y} pairs), in the
> same plot, but with different colours for different lines.
>   The problem is that listplot only accepts *one* plot, and if I do
> several and Show[] them togeather, Show appends the option lists so
> that the whole thing becomes one colour.
>
> -bertil-
> --
> "It can be shown that for any nutty theory, beyond-the-fringe political view or
>  strange religion there exists a proponent on the Net. The proof is left as an
>  exercise for your kill-file."

Try PlotStyle->{Hue[.1],Hue[.2],.....} as an option to Show.

It sounded like you were saying that you generated a bunch of ListPlots
with different colors, but when you put them together under Show, the
colors were changed?  I have never had that happen.  I even automate the
whole process using Table.  For example:

Show[Table[ListPlot[mydata[[i]],PlotStyle->Hue[.1 i]],{i,10}]]

I get nice, multicolored plots this way.