Re: Gaussian Matrix Elimination

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6918] Re: [mg6873] Gaussian Matrix Elimination
  • From: "Sherman.Reed" <sherman.reed at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:00:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

1. The material in Mma 3.0 Standard Add-On Packages page 230,
is quite clear wrt to Gaussian Matrix Elimination.
2. The 3.0 standard literature is very helpful, although not portable
(Wolframs text on 3.0 and the Standard Add-On Package text).
3. I have found Applied Mathematica by Shaw and Tigg,
Mathematica for Scientists and Engineers by Bahder,
Mathematica as a tool by Birkhauser,
and Mathematica, A Practical Approach by Blachman
all very useful.  These were written for 2.0, but have a
wealth of information that is useful for 3.0.

Sherman C. Reed
sherman.reed at worldnet.att.net