AW: method used in NonlinearFit
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8274] AW: [mg8183] method used in NonlinearFit
- From: Buttgereit <Buttgereit at compuserve.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 01:59:17 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Laura, the methods used are described - as pointed out in the reference - in Pre= ss et al. (1992): Numerical recepes in C. Cambridge: University Press. If you need more details than that you probably have to spend a look on t= he package code. Greetings, Peter ---------- From: lthompso at s.psych.uiuc.edu (Laura Thompson) Subject: [mg8274] [mg8183] method used in NonlinearFit Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Where can I find more detail about the method used in NonlinearFit? I would like to know more than what the online book (or ??) gives me. I am interested in how Mma, specifically, solves the problem, w/o having = to examine code. But, maybe that would be the most helpful. thank you.