Matrix Diagonalisation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8283] Matrix Diagonalisation
  • From: Fabien Coutel <coutel at earthsciences.uq.edu.au>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:46:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

        I have a simple problem : I need to compute
the following matrices B, S and S-1 such as :

             -1
        A = S  B  S

where A is a 9 x 9 matrix containing symbolic variables,
B is the diagonal matrix corresponding to A.

I would like to use Mathematica for this problem but
I don't know which functions I have to use, would
you have a script for that ?

Best regards,

Fabien Coutel.
~