Turning Off FractionBox[ ] Globally?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8319] Turning Off FractionBox[ ] Globally?
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:34 -0400
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
When I display output -- e.g., expressions in Tables and other output -- on screen or as print output, or even when I put in Input expressions, I don't want FractionBox[ ] to operate *at all* (the shift to smaller fonts looks really ugly, and it takes up more screen space in some cases). Is there some simple way to turn it off globally, in a given notebook? (And while we're on formatting, is there a way to set the number of digits in output numbers globally, so that 5.67894 X 10^17 and similar numbers will come out at 5.68 or even just 5.7 X 10^17?)